About Me

My photo
I enjoy writing; especially in an attempt to express myself through poetry. I love to read anything that tries to break down the walls of society and dismantled the common known truths. I enjoy watching documentaries on nature, conspiracy theories, history and science. I ride, compete and teach how to ride Paso Fino horses which is a breed between the Spanish Barbs from North Africa, and smooth-gaited Spanish Jennets (now extinct as a breed) These horses have a full collection, with a very slow forward speed. The footfall is extremely rapid while the steps and extension are exceedingly short. It is an evenly-spaced four-beat lateral gait with each foot contacting the ground independently in a regular sequence at precise intervals creating a rapid, unbroken rhythm. The most exciting part about this breed its their character, which they are known to have a lot of brio; they are extremely attentive, nervous and fast responders to any movements made by the rider or their surroundings. Which is what most fascinates me about the Paso Fino horse, because it forces me to be in complete awareness that I am mounting a powerful animal that has a mind of its own.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Constructivist Lesson Plan


A constructivist lesson plan consists of awakening the student’s mind. A teacher uses this platform in order to help the student form its own conclusion to a situation established. When the constructivist format is set in motion, the teacher presents a situation or a matter for the students to acknowledge and discuss. The teacher points out different elements needed for the student to pick up from and gives them the preliminary tools to have them begin to break down the lesson. The teacher requires the student to apply their critical thinking skills. The teacher builds a bridge for the students to connect the dots to the intended objective. In the constructivist lesson plan, the students are usually placed among other classmates by grouping or they may be in an open format classroom where the individual can speak up in front of their peers; which indeed, this is essential in this type of a lesson plan. It makes the student listen to its own thoughts and attentively hear others perspectives of the situation. I personally enjoy thinking critically. I like to select a topic and start to carefully tear it apart. I like the engagement it exists when two minds or more come together to share their found knowledge. I enjoy when someone questions my findings; for this action alone makes me want to think deeper into the subject and pushes me further to find and adopt a fully understanding view of the factual information gathered. This alone will be the key to support any of my findings. I love not to be limited by forms of guidance. I do need guidance, at the same time I want to be able to explore the full potential of my mind. I believe that the constructivist lesson plan is a great format that accentuates the human being’s capabilities to explore and find. Giving free reign for students to search on their own and come up with their own findings. I believe this can be very exhilarating for a teacher to be part of. For the teacher will not only become the impulse of the student’s driven energy but he/she will help excel human being’s consciousness.

1 comment:

  1. fresh blog follow mine http://yoitstheflava.blogspot.com/
    Thanks.........

    ReplyDelete